The Africa Centre is collaborating with a host of people to bring you a series of events at the Spier Contemporary 2010 exhibition at Cape Town City Hall.
This weekend, the Pan African Space Station and Liquid Fridge present ARD-16: crazed sound and light on Saturday night, 20th March, another opportunity to party with the art. Details on facebook here.
On Sunday evening – the 21st March, a Human Rights Day photographic exhibition with live music and DJ’s presented by SWEETHONEYBEAT productions. For more information, check it out online here.
If that wasn’t enough to whet your appetite to get you to Cape Town City Hall, Rotesserie 360 has a cafe serving delicious food, and the Fringe has a pop up store every day of the Exhibition. Details are available here.
And, there’s more to look forward to in the weeks to come, as Cape Mic hosts a series of concerts, the first featuring Dave Ledbetter in Concert with Buddy Wells, Kesivan Naidoo, Andrew Lilley and Lee Thomson on Wednesday the 23rd March. More details for further concerts join the Facebook group here. Here is the line up:
- 23rd March - in Concert with Buddy Wells, Kesivan Naidoo, Andrew Lilley and Lee Thomson
- 27th March – Gordon Vernick (US) Quartet
- 30 March – Classical night including works by Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Lizt and Milhaud with Reese Barkhuizen (piano), Petra Hofmeyr (violin) and more!
- 6th April – Adrian Mears and Feya Faku with Kesivan Naidoo and Charles Lazar
- 13th April – Rus Nerwich Mantras for Modern Man
- 17th April – Madosini and Derek Gripper
- 20th April – Feya Faku Quintet
- 27th April – Akoustik Knot with Sixteen Reasons String Quartet
Tickets will be sold at R50 per performance. Tickets will be available at the door. (Grand Parade Entrance CIty Hall)
Performances will begin promptly at 8pm. Keep and eye on this website or the twitter feed, to keep up to date with what is going on at Spier Contemporary.co.za
To debate with us visit the blog: http://openforart.blogspot.com